Fresh off the heels of Janet Evans’ announcement that she plans on running for a seat on the Franklin School Board, I have an announcement of my own.

I’ve filed all the necessary paperwork, and I am now a candidate for a seat on the South Milwaukee School Board. I’ve had a desire for a long time to make a difference in my community, and as the proud parent of two children in the South Milwaukee school district, I feel serving as a member of the School Board will give me a chance to make a positive contribution to the community I call home.

26 Responses to I’m in the race!

1. grumps says:

Good on ya, Kiddo.

2. Greg says:

Excellent news, Zach! Now tonight might have another reason to celebrate!!

3. Dave Reid says:

Congrats! It is great to see those of us who have been blogging away on what is right or wrong with our democracy to actually get in the game themselves!

4. Zach W says:

Thanks Greg and Dave!

5. Lois Wood says:

South Milwaukee needs more citizens like you, Zach! I can’t wait to be at the victory party!

6. Way to go, Zach! Here’s hoping you win!

7. Janet Evans says:

I enjoyed meeting you in person tonight Zach, and I believe you will make an excellent School Board member.

Good Luck!

Janet

PS

Thanks for the compliment when we first shook hands 🙂

8. Zach W says:

Janet, thanks for your kind words. I’m excited for both of us, and I think you’d be an excellent addition to the FSB.

9. Anon says:

Here’s a serious question for you Zach. South Milwaukee is such a clansville type of place and I’m curious if you have had or currently have relatives in the city’s government?

Also, South Milwaukee is in need of a new city attorney and a new municipal judge who will not dismiss everything that comes before him/her…for those who are reading this and may be qualified those two positions.

10. Zach W says:

Anon, to answer your first question, I don’t believe I have any relatives in the city’s government, but I should qualify that statement by saying I don’t really know my father’s side of the family too well, so it is possible that I do or did have a relative who served in city government without really realizing it. I hope that answers your question.

As to your statement about the city attorney and municipal judge, I could say the same thing about many city attorneys and municipal judges throughout the county.

11. Joe Mamma says:

Choose a Grobschmidt as your campaign manager and you’re a shoo-in.

12. Zach W says:

Heh….school board isn’t a big enough race to warrant a campaign manager.

13. big_hairy_bubba says:

Hope you got a Crusher in your closet.

14. Zach W says:

Nope, no Crusher, but I do have a Jack the Berzerker!

15. […] Wisniewski announces that he is in the race for the South Milwaukee school board. I can certainly recommend Zach, as even though […]

16. Nick says:

Well, I want to announce that I have entered the South Milwaukee School Board race, as well. Anon, as far as clansville, it doesn’t have to be family to get elected. It’s all about who you know, and that can swing voters for you or against you. As for living in South Milwaukee my entire life and going through the school system, is something the voters like as well.