Dwayne Block, organizer of the independent, grassroots group, OconoDems, really knows how to reel in the big-name Wisconsin politicos. Maybe they come for the large group of enthusiastic, plugged-in citizens who gather once a month in politically conservative Oconomowoc. Or maybe it’s the free coffee and sugar wafers. Regardless, tomorrow, April 7, will be the mother of all OconoDems meetings, in my opinion. Here’s a slightly modified version of the agenda provided by Dwayne Block:
OCONODEMS PROGRAM – SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 10 A.M.
MC: Dick Pas, Chairman, Waukesha County Democratic Party
- Mike McCabe, Director, Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Topic: “Can You Imagine A New Kind Of Politics?”
- Mike Lauer, Executive Director, Wisconsin Jobs Now. Topic: “Winning with A Mandate!”
- Mahlon Mitchell, Candidate, Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin
- Doug LaFollette, Wisconsin Secretary of State, and Candidate for Governor of Wisconsin
- Peter Barca, Minority Leader, Wisconsin State Assembly
- Tom Barrett, Mayor of Milwaukee, and Candidate for Governor of Wisconsin
- Keith Roberts, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for International Studies in Education, U. of Pittsburg.Topic: “Walker Watchdog Report…”
- Kathleen Vinehout Campaign Update (Joel Nilsestuen)
- Kathleen Falk Campaign Update (Scott Ross, Campaign Chair, former Executive Director, One Wisconsin Now)
- Lori Compas Campaign Update (Francine Langlais, Co-Chair, Lake Country Progressives)
- Scott Trindl, Retired Businessman, and Waukesha OFA Rep.
OconoDems meet at the Oconomowoc Public Library, 200 South Street. Come for the politicos, stay for the snacks and camaraderie.