Dwayne Block,organizer of the independent,grassroots group,OconoDems,really knows how to reel in the big-name Wisconsin politicos. Maybe they come for the large group of enthusiastic,plugged-in citizens who gather once a month in politically conservative Oconomowoc. Or maybe it’s the free coffee and sugar wafers. Regardless,tomorrow,April 7,will be the mother of all OconoDems meetings,in my opinion. Here’s a slightly modified version of the agenda provided by Dwayne Block:
OCONODEMS PROGRAM –SATURDAY,APRIL 7,10 A.M.
MC:Dick Pas,Chairman,Waukesha County Democratic Party
- Mike McCabe,Director,Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Topic:“Can You Imagine A New Kind Of Politics?”
- Mike Lauer,Executive Director,Wisconsin Jobs Now. Topic:“Winning with A Mandate!”
- Mahlon Mitchell,Candidate,Lieutenant Governor of Wisconsin
- Doug LaFollette,Wisconsin Secretary of State,and Candidate for Governor of Wisconsin
- Peter Barca,Minority Leader,Wisconsin State Assembly
- Tom Barrett,Mayor of Milwaukee,and Candidate for Governor of Wisconsin
- Keith Roberts,Senior Research Fellow,Institute for International Studies in Education,U. of Pittsburg.Topic: ”Walker Watchdog Report…”
- Kathleen Vinehout Campaign Update (Joel Nilsestuen)
- Kathleen Falk Campaign Update (Scott Ross,Campaign Chair,former Executive Director,One Wisconsin Now)
- Lori Compas Campaign Update (Francine Langlais,Co-Chair,Lake Country Progressives)
- Scott Trindl,Retired Businessman,and Waukesha OFA Rep.
OconoDems meet at the Oconomowoc Public Library,200 South Street. Come for the politicos,stay for the snacks and camaraderie.