…and things just didn’t break in favor of Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett.

No doubt there will be no shortage of “Monday morning quarterbacking” of today’s results in the gubernatorial recall election, but I just wanted to say that I’m damn proud of how hard so many of my fellow Wisconsinites fought for what so many of us believe is the “Wisconsin Way” of governing.

While the results of today’s election were disappointing, the fight’s not over for those of us who value clean, open, and accountable government – we’ll keep fighting for what we believe in.

21 Responses to It’s over…

1. Lisa Mux says:

Agreed. Tonight I drown my sorrows in Frostys and french fries, tomorrow I resume the fight for my state. 🙂

2. Frosties and french fries….yum!

3. Nomad says:

Sorry to hear that news, friends. It’s important to keep in mind, of course, that even when people like Walker win, it is a loss. (They are blind to that fact, of course.)
    The right for the people to choose fair representation and decide their destiny themselves (not kings, dictators or corporations) was the safety valve to prevent rebellion and revolt. By circumventing the system – through the use of unlimited cash, media control, and outright lies – people like the Koch brothers are stupidly edging the nation toward chaos and violence.

4. tom harlen says:

All of the union thugs were useless.
    The millions of dollars spent by the unions were wasted.
    All of the voter fraud was for naught.

Barrett got SHELLACKED!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5. Duane12 says:

It’s not over til it’s over; there is one final vote to be taken by “John Doe.” It will determine whether or not Wisconsin citizens elected a felon.
    Click here.

6. Raptor says:

Can you guys work to get Tate & Zielinski life time contracts?

7. AverageJoe says:

I find it amusing that 900,000 people can hijack a state government for their own issues.

The recall process is flawed. Recalls need to be able to happen. However it needs to be the full state voting when it is decided, not 900,000 people signing a petition. If a full state vote had happened in this instance, we the taxpayers would not have had to foot the bill for the recall because the recall never would have happened.

I also find it amusing that the left primarily believes that the other half of the population are sheep who pay attention to the media or can be bought. Say hello to your neighbor sometime. I think you will be surprised.

8. CJ McD says:

Average Joe said, “This entire process has been an exercise in futility, from the senators fleeing to Illinois all the way to last night. Nothing was accomplished, nothing was gained. Yet another waste of time and money.”

I disagree.

The recall was a worthwhile endeavor demonstrating the degree if discontent. And please note- that discontent remains intact and more fervent than ever.
    The recall was worthwhile in displacing Wanggaard and moving the Senate majority to the Democrats. (baby steps, man, baby steps…)
    The recall was worthwhile, sending a strong, strong message that people are watching, they are engaged in state government like never before.

Walker may have won, but his supply chain drained somewhere between 7:1 to 20:1 in dollars spent to make it happen. His buyers are NOT going to be happy that they spent so much money and lost control of the Senate.

Average Joe doesn’t think the recall effort was worthwhile. I do.

9. SilentMajoritySpeaks says:

You did take the Senate, right? O wait session won’t be called until after the November election. And with the remap Republicans, just based on voter demographics in the new districts, will pick up 3-4 seats. Ooops. And your lawsuit to challenge the new map uses the same argument as the Texas Congressional challenge of disfranchisement of Hispanic Americans. The same one the IL Republican party accused Dems of in Chicago, which is funny that IL Dems would want to have less Hispanic district? I disagree with your tactics, your ideology and your message but I won’t fault you for making the political move that you thought necessary to support your agenda but if you think you have any chance of your movement of gaining traction after this… your delusional.

10. Forward says:

I don’t care what people say. I’m still glad I voted. My candidate wasn’t even mentioned in any of the polls, and gathered a puny amount of votes. I hope that sometime in my lifetime we can get past these petty partisan procedures and get on with a democracy. The mere notion that a 1-seat majority of a particular parties “team” seals the vote sickens me, but it is the way it works at all levels of government.
    I wish we could get away from this idea of two competing mobs and get on with representing the people.

11. Cat Kin says:

Can we learn from this? Organization and professionalism is not to be sneered at. It’s not what you want, it’s what you offer. Can we fathom that and get a handle on it, labor advocates? This is the 21st century.