Gov. Scott Walker said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press that he remains “absolutely” confident that he is not a subject of a criminal investigation involving former aides in his Milwaukee County office.
Walker, speaking to the AP at his Capitol office, said none of the emails or other evidence revealed by prosecutors for the first time in court last week during the sentencing of his former deputy chief of staff suggests that he’s a target of the investigation.
Walker also said he had no knowledge of anyone in his Milwaukee County executive’s office doing illegal campaign work and if he had, he would have stopped it.
Walker’s assertion he had no knowledge of anyone in his County Executive’s office doing illegal campaign work is an absolute farce, as Walker himself was among those who received emails sent between his gubernatorial campaign staff and his County Executive staff as part of an effort to make sure the two groups had “good coordination.”
I have a hard time believing Gov. Walker had absolutely no knowledge of the illegal behaviors being engaged in by two groups of his closest confidants and advisors, especially considering Gov. Walker was himself privy via email to some of those illegal behaviors.