- About Blogging Blue
- Current Contributors
- Past Contributors
- Support Blogging Blue
- Contact Blogging Blue
Governor Walker had high hopes that the John Doe investigation would soon be closed, maybe even as early as this week. That’s what he told reporters on Tuesday, anyway. But it seems Gov. Walker’s hopes have been dashed, as the judge overseeing the John Doe investigation just confirmed that it’s still open.
From NBC 15 via AP:
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The judge overseeing the investigation into former aides of Gov. Scott Walker says the probe remains open.
Walker said on Tuesday that he hoped the so-called “John Doe” investigation would end as early as this week.
But retired Waukesha County Judge Neal Nettesheim told The Associated Press in a telephone interview from his home Wednesday “that would be pure conjecture.”
Nettesheim says, “The John Doe is not completed. It is still open.”
The investigation began in May 2010 and has resulted in six people being charged with crimes and four convictions. One person, Tim Russell, has reached a plea deal with prosecutors in his felony embezzlement case and has a plea hearing set for Thursday.
Another former Walker aide Darlene Wink has a Jan. 10 sentencing hearing.
I guess Governor Walker will have to add the closing of the John Doe investigation to his Christmas list this year. Dream big, Governor Walker.
- Wisconsin GOP Honors The Memory of Merrick Garland! on
- Where Can I Buy A Smocking Gun? on
- Defense Contractor Abandons Milwaukee for the Falls! on
- Governor-elect understands Milwaukee is a part of Wisconsin, not apart from it on
- Did The President Issue A Pearl Harbor Tweet And I Missed It? on
- The Lame Duck Legislation As Passed: on
- And The Wisconsin GOP Couldn’t Keep The One Promise That Everyone Agreed With: on
- Let Your State Legislator and State Senator Where You Stand On Their Lame Duck Session on