Here’s my synopsis of Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s budget address:
- More state government intrusion into the affairs of local governments.
- Scott Walker wants to end dependence on the government for things like healthcare, living expenses, food, etc. No word though on when Scott Walker will end his dependence on the government for things like healthcare, living expenses, food, etc.
- Want more money for education? Scott Walker can oblige, as long as you want that money to be dumped into unaccountable charter schools.
- Sure Scott Walker cut $1.6 billion from public education in his last budget, but he replaced it with $6.4 billion in spending for new roads and bridges!
Here are a couple of other takes on Scott Walker’s budget.
- The Political Environment: Walker The Vindictive
- Democratic State Rep. Peter Barca: Walker budget extremism: No middle ground, not for the middle class