- About Blogging Blue
- Current Contributors
- Past Contributors
- Support Blogging Blue
- Contact Blogging Blue
Quite frankly I am surprised that it has taken this long for other county boards to take notice and then take action:
MANITOWOC, Wis. —The Manitowoc County supervisors have passed a resolution criticizing Republican-backed legislation that would weaken the power of the Milwaukee County Board.
Manitowoc County is three counties north of Milwaukee County, but its supervisors weighed in this week to express their disapproval over the resolution that takes away resources and authority from their Milwaukee County counterparts. They passed a resolution 20-4 opposing the state’s legislation.
The resolution was written by Supervisor Jim Brey, who said the Wisconsin Legislature’s action violates the principle of home rule, the Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter reported.
He said “there would be hell to pay” if state legislators tried to tell Manitowoc County supervisors how to do their jobs, and that the action opens the door to the state micromanaging county governments.
Tagged with: Chris Abele • Chris Larson • Christine Sinicki • County Supervisor Jim Brey • Dan Riemer • David Bowen • David Cullen • Deanna Alexander • Ed Heinzelman • Evan Goyke • Fred Kessler • Gerry Broderick • James "Luigi" Schmidt • Janis Ringhand • Jason Haas • JoCasta Zamarripa • Joe Sanfelippo • John Weishan • Josh Zepnik • LaTonya Johnson • Lena Taylor • Leon Young • Mandela Barnes • Manitowoc County • Marina Dimitrijevic • Mark Borkowski • Michael Mayo • Milwaukee County • Milwaukee County • Milwaukee County Board • Milwaukee County Budget • Milwaukee County Executive • MPS • MPS Budget • MPS School Board • Nikiya Harris • Pat Jursik • Peggy Romo West • Rocky Marcoux • Russell Stamper • Sandy Pasch • Steve Taylor • Theo Lipscomb • Tim Carpenter • Tom Barrett • Willie Johson
- Wisconsin GOP Honors The Memory of Merrick Garland! on
- Where Can I Buy A Smocking Gun? on
- Defense Contractor Abandons Milwaukee for the Falls! on
- Governor-elect understands Milwaukee is a part of Wisconsin, not apart from it on
- Did The President Issue A Pearl Harbor Tweet And I Missed It? on
- The Lame Duck Legislation As Passed: on
- And The Wisconsin GOP Couldn’t Keep The One Promise That Everyone Agreed With: on
- Let Your State Legislator and State Senator Where You Stand On Their Lame Duck Session on