- About Blogging Blue
- Current Contributors
- Past Contributors
- Support Blogging Blue
- Contact Blogging Blue
To sign Wisconsin’s 2013-14 budget, Gov. Scott Walker will again be heading into friendly territory, highlighting the business of a generous campaign donor.
Walker’s office didn’t immediately respond to a message asking why Catalyst Exhibits — an exhibit design company that rents and sells products for trade shows and commercial design with offices in the U.S., the Netherlands and China — in Pleasant Prairie was chosen for Sunday’s signing.
Two things worth noting:
- This budget is the second that Scott Walker will avoid signing in a public place, while former Gov. Jim Doyle signed every budget that came to his desk in a public place.
- Catalyst Exhibits CEO Paul Stahlberg forked over $20,000 to help Walker win last year’s recall election, and the company’s president, Tim Roberts, kicked in another $20,000, according to the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign’s campaign finance database.
- Wisconsin GOP Honors The Memory of Merrick Garland! on
- Where Can I Buy A Smocking Gun? on
- Defense Contractor Abandons Milwaukee for the Falls! on
- Governor-elect understands Milwaukee is a part of Wisconsin, not apart from it on
- Did The President Issue A Pearl Harbor Tweet And I Missed It? on
- The Lame Duck Legislation As Passed: on
- And The Wisconsin GOP Couldn’t Keep The One Promise That Everyone Agreed With: on
- Let Your State Legislator and State Senator Where You Stand On Their Lame Duck Session on