- About Blogging Blue
- Current Contributors
- Past Contributors
- Support Blogging Blue
- Contact Blogging Blue
For the first time in forever, the New York Times purchased ad time on the Oscars Telecast:
There has been a great deal of controversy around the ad from the left, from the media, and Twitter’s number one account holder. I am not sure exactly what they hope to accomplish…but I am grateful that they haven’t just acquiesced to the whims of the White House…that they have chosen to stand up and be counted. Not only did they publish this video ad but they also published the same meme in the A section of the Sunday February 26, 2017 New York Times. The text took up two full pages…black characters against the stark white page just like in the video. Quite effective and impossible not to notice (and great typography by the way).
But they aren’t the only ones standing up…last week the Washington Post has added this to their masthead: “Democracy Dies in Darkness”. Amazingly apropos in the current environment.
btw: support the print media outlets of your choice before they are all gone.
- Wisconsin GOP Honors The Memory of Merrick Garland! on
- Where Can I Buy A Smocking Gun? on
- Defense Contractor Abandons Milwaukee for the Falls! on
- Governor-elect understands Milwaukee is a part of Wisconsin, not apart from it on
- Did The President Issue A Pearl Harbor Tweet And I Missed It? on
- The Lame Duck Legislation As Passed: on
- And The Wisconsin GOP Couldn’t Keep The One Promise That Everyone Agreed With: on
- Let Your State Legislator and State Senator Where You Stand On Their Lame Duck Session on