What do Wal-Mart and a virus have in common? They both spread like wildfire.
When big box stores (I’ll leave it to you to decide just WHICH big-box stores) come to town, they almost always shut down all the mom-and-pop stores in the area they open in. And it’s a pretty simple formula:
1) Move in.
2) Open doors with lower prices than anyone else.
3) Get employees on welfare and Medicaid because you don’t want to pay well or provide medical insurance.
4) Force smaller shops out of business.
5) Raise prices, because now you’re the only game in town.
6) Rinse, repeat 15 miles down the road.