- About Blogging Blue
- Current Contributors
- Past Contributors
- Support Blogging Blue
- Contact Blogging Blue
Twenty-four hours after the Supreme Court announced it would not consider appeals of lower court rulings legalizing same-sex marriage in five states, effectively paving the way for couples to marry in Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia, Colorado, and Wisconsin, the head of the Republican National Committee warned that these unions could undermine American society.
Appearing on MSNBC’s The Daily Rundown on Tuesday, Reince Priebus reiterated the GOP’s support for a constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman, before arguing that social conservatives like David Lane and Tony Perkins are “right to be concerned about what’s happened here in this country over the last couple of years.” Preibus also seemed to support Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) push to introduce a constitutional amendment prohibiting the federal government from changing state marriage laws.
I really really hope Republicans continue to oppose marriage equality, a woman’s right to choose, and voting rights, because those issues are sure to continue to narrow their base and make them less and less relevant as a national party.
- Wisconsin GOP Honors The Memory of Merrick Garland! on
- Where Can I Buy A Smocking Gun? on
- Defense Contractor Abandons Milwaukee for the Falls! on
- Governor-elect understands Milwaukee is a part of Wisconsin, not apart from it on
- Did The President Issue A Pearl Harbor Tweet And I Missed It? on
- The Lame Duck Legislation As Passed: on
- And The Wisconsin GOP Couldn’t Keep The One Promise That Everyone Agreed With: on
- Let Your State Legislator and State Senator Where You Stand On Their Lame Duck Session on