Sen. Russ Feingold has a new ad out highlighting the garage door pledges Feingold made to the people of Wisconsin in 1992 and how he’s kept that pledge after 18 years serving as Wisconsin’s United States Senator. For the record, here’s the five promises Feingold made when he first ran for the Senate:
- I will rely on Wisconsin citizens for most of my contributions.
- I will live in Middleton, Wisconsin. My children will go to school here and I will spend most of my time here in Wisconsin.
- I will accept no pay raise during my six-year term in office.
- I will hold a “Listening Session” in each of Wisconsin’s 72 counties each year of my six-year term in office.
- I will hire the majority of my Senate staff from individuals who are from Wisconsin or have Wisconsin backgrounds.
Here’s Sen. Feingold’s new ad: