Recently MTV reality show star Sean Duffy held a $250 dollar a plat fundraiser with disgraced former speaker and 2012 presidential candidate Newt Gingrich.
This week brings some interesting revelations regarding the person that Newt Gingrich is. An 8000 word essay detailing what Newt Gingrich is all about. . Newt has been to Iowa numerous times(hmm wonder why?) and in 2009 he was the most frequent guest on NBC’s Meet The Press(I also wonder why).
The republican reality “star” and B-Movie \”actor\”, , now can list as his two major supporters Sarah Palin and Newt. When asked about his reality show past, he answers:
“I was young,” he explained to voters recently at Ojibwa Golf and Bowl, a Chippewa Falls hangout. “They edit in things. I didn’t have any kids yet. If you want to know my character, look at the kids I’ve raised. All I can do is tell you this is what I’ve done. This is where I’ve been. This is where I stand.”
The question I am asking is does he stand with Newt and would he like his kids to emulate Newt?
Lets look at some gems from the essay:
• ditching his first wife, who had put him through college, by announcing their separation in the hospital room where she was recovering from ovarian cancer surgery, and telling a friend, “She’s not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the president. And besides, she has cancer”;
• leaving said woman to depend, literally, on church alms to survive, as he refused to provide child support. (In a campaign leaflet, he argued that his opponent for the seat he eventually won would have to separate from her family to move to Washington and would have to hire a nanny to fulfill her maternal obligations.);
• marrying a much younger woman with whom he had been having an affair —and to whom he had long ago proposed—six months later;
• leaving this woman by calling her at her mother’s home on her mother’s birthday following her diagnosis with multiple sclerosis and announcing their impending divorce.
• marrying yet another woman, described by The Washington Post as a ” blonded-up, French-horn-playing Agriculture Committee staffer” 23 years his junior, with whom he had also been having an affair, while leading the forces of impeachment against Bill Clinton for his extracurricular activities with Monica Lewinsky.
Its time Sean Duffy answer this question, does he stand with Newt or should he live up to his character claim and return the money that Newt helped him raise? Unless of course he feels these are the same values of the members of his district…